A voice alarm can wake a child up to three times faster than a beeping sound.* In a fire or CO emergency, this extra time is extremely valuable. A combo smoke/CO detector that speaks the type of emergency gives you additional protection. When smoke or CO is sensed in your home, the detector will send a message to your system, and cause the sirens to speak the type of emergency. The panel will then relay the emergency signal to your monitoring service. The monitoring center contacts first responders so that help is on the way, whether you are home or away.
It’s vital to follow the information below to help keep your children safe.
- Keep matches and lighters in a secure location out of reach of children. Only use lighters that are child-resistant ― but be aware that many children will be able to operate them.
- Teach your children to tell you or a responsible adult when they find matches or lighters at home or school.
- Use flameless candles to remove the danger of your child knocking over a traditional candle.
- Practice your home’s fire escape plan with your children and babysitters.
- Familiarize children with the sound of your smoke and CO alarm and practice what to do when they hear the alarm.
Protect Your Furry Friends at Home
According to the National Fire Protection Association, household pets are responsible for over...
What Can You Do to Protect Your Home from Flood Damage?
Around 71% of the planet's surface is covered by water. That’s great when you’re swimming i...